SWR Institute & OSHA Alliance announce new Fall Hazard Awareness Training Course for the construction industry!
The Alliance Program Construction Roundtable's Fall Protection Workgroup developed a "Fall Hazard Awareness for the Construction Industry" Training Course. The goal of this course is to provide small construction employers and employees with information on recognizing potential fall hazards at their worksites and suggest ways to avoid, minimize, control or prevent the hazards whenever possible. The course focuses on falls to a lower level; not falls to the same level resulting from slips and trips.
Specifically, this course:
- Identifies factors that contribute to common fall hazards
- Explains how to analyze work areas for fall hazards
- Discusses methods to control or prevent fall hazards
- Describes OSHA’s fall protection resources
The training course includes the following:(See downloads below.)
- Training course overview
- Training course manual for both course instructors and participants
- Slide presentations for both course instructors and participants
- Fall job hazard analysis checklists
SWR Institute would like to thank Ron Pilla, former SWR Institute Safety Committee Chair, for his expertise and time that he dedicated to the completion of this project with the OSHA Alliance Program.
Fall Hazard Awareness Training Course
- Fall Hazard Awareness Training Course - Overview/Description - doc 155Kb
- Powerpoint Presentation with speaking points - Instructor ppt 2.5Mb
- Fall Hazard Analysis Checklists - pdf - 205Kb
- Fall Hazard Awareness Training Course Manual - pdf - 262Kb