Sealant, Waterproofing & Restoration Institute
What information do we collect?
Sealant, Waterproofing & Restoration Institute (“SWR Institute”) collects information about you when you make a purchase from our store, fill out a form or register for access to the “members only” portion of the website. When ordering, you will be asked to provide information that includes, but not limited to: name, company, email address, mailing address, billing address, and phone number. SWR Institute may also ask for this information if you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion or giveaway.
SWR Institute considers information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, and other data that is linked to such information, to be personal information.
With sales transactions, SWR Institute collects payment information including credit/debit card information. In addition, SWR Institute collects transactional information related to your purchase (i.e., what you bought, the price you paid, the payment method you used, any discounts received).
SWR Institute collects information from its members for inclusion in membership directories that may be published in print or online at the SWR Institute website.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information SWR Institute collects from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our customer service
- Your information provided helps SWR Institute to more effectively respond to your customer service request and support needs.
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates about your order, the contents of your order, and other information pertaining to the SWR Institute.
- To disclose information where required by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), to protect SWR Institute’s rights or property, including without limitation in the event of a transfer of control of SWR Institute or substantially all of its assets, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
- As a member of SWR Institute, you will be listed as a member on the public and “members only” portions of the website.
- Your listing will include, but not be limited to, information about you and your company, address, phone numbers, email addresses, company logo, website, geographical areas in which you do business and a brief company profile. Should a member decide that the member does not want all or any information listed, the member should contact SWR Institute using the contact information below to request removal of the member’s information on the website.
- Occasionally, the SWR Institute may provide, sell or rent limited data to third parties, including alliance partners with SWR Institute or companies that offer products and services for sale to SWR Institute’s members.
How do we protect your information?
SWR Institute will not sell or disclose to third parties any information collected for the orders without the user’s consent. If SWR Institute retains agents, contractors or companies to perform services on its behalf, SWR Institute will ensure that the company is made aware of the security practices and takes reasonable precautions to protect any transferred information.
SWR Institute does not enable “cookies” on our website with one exception. A cookie is used in website system administration to keep track of movement of an individual user from one screen to another. This information may be used by our staff to detect and resolve website problems and to assist with customer support. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about site visitors in this process.
Our web server automatically collects information from your computer and navigation patterns when you visit our site, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the computer’s operating system, the type of browser you use, and the specific web pages visited during your connection. We may also track data such as the total number of visits to our website and the number of visitors to each page of our website.
We may use this information, in aggregate form, for system maintenance and to better understand how our visitors use our site and services so that we can make them better. SWR Institute may also share statistical or demographic information in aggregate form with third parties for marketing or research purposes. This aggregate data will not contain any information that personally identifies you.
SWR Institute’s website is intended for adults. SWR Institute does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If SWR Institute obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files, SWR Institute will delete that information from our existing files.
Your consent and update data about you
We want to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up-to-date information about you in our records. Therefore, whenever you believe that your contact information needs to be updated, you can email us at the address set below to correct or update your contact information.
You may choose at any time to remove your name, telephone and fax numbers, and postal and email addresses from the membership lists or the lists we use to send notices or updates and elect not to receive correspondence from us by emailing us at address set forth below.
Users may request that SWR Institute refrain from disclosing to third parties the data it collects on its membership application form or any other form on which users are providing information by emailing us at the address set forth below.
Other internet sites you visit ─ including those linked from the SWR Institute website ─ may have their own privacy policies or no policy at all. Other websites might use personal information differently than our policy permits. We strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site before providing any personal information.
Policy regularly to see if there have been any changes. This policy was last modified on 03/28/2014.
400 Admiral Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64106