Things to Do in Salt Lake City
If you listen to some people, you might think there is nothing but snow in Utah. If only that were true? The snowcapped mountains that ring the city provide a beautiful backdrop for a multitude of things to do in Salt Lake City. If you are looking for some adventure, here are some things to do during your visit to Utah.
Things to do in Salt Lake City:
- Utah Olympic Museum in Kimball Junction, UT – stroll back in time through the 2002 Winter Olympics, learn about what makes Utah snow different, buckle into a bobsled for 60 seconds of excitement.
- High West Distillery – schedule a tour and tasting of one of Utah’s most popular distilleries in Wanship, UT
- Temple Square – the Salt Lake Temple currently undergoing a 4-year seismic retrofit, but it is still a worthy stop and it is only minutes from the Grand America Hotel
- Red Butte Garden – if you like plants, rocks and easy hiking then take a stroll through Red Butte Gardens and enjoy the view of the Great Salt Lake from above the city.
- Sundance – if you have access to a car, consider a short trip down to Sundance for lunch at the famous Owl Bar and some ski village vibe.
- Main Street in Park City – once a run-down mining town, Park City is a vibrant shopping and entertainment district. Easy to stroll, premium window-shopping and plenty of people watching. Make sure you stop at the No Name Saloon, Wasatch Brewing or The Cabin.
- Take in some dueling pianos at Key’s on Main
- TNT Range – enjoy some “bullets and burgers.” Spend some time on the range at TNT Range and then follow it up with lunch at 357 Burger
- Pioneer Memorial Museum – when Brigham Young reached Ensign Peak in Emigration Canyon, he famously declared “This is the place.” Learn about the Mormon pioneers, their journey across the wilderness and the ingenuity and resourcefulness to make a home out of the Salt Lake Valley.
- Westside Microbrewery Crawl – the epicenter of Salt Lakes City’s emerging brewery scene is found on 300 West. T.F. Brewing, Fisher Brewing and Proper Brewing are blocks apart. A short Uber ride gets you to Level Crossing Brewing and SaltFire Brewing Co. Necessity is the mother of invention. Utah’s unique liquor laws have led brew masters innovate. Salt Lake City has perfected the hazy pail ale. If you go, make sure you try the Citra Bomb Tom at Fisher Brewing Company or the Wicked Sea Party at T.F. Brewing.
- Utah State Capitol – seated just above downtown in the Avenues Neighborhood, stroll the Capitol grounds or schedule a tour. The Capitol is a great place to take in a Salt Lake City sunset. You won’t be disappointed.